Littelfuse: SPD2 - Surge Protection
Littelfuse introduces its Type 2 SPD2 series of surge protection devices. Utilized at branch circuits, they safeguard components from transient overvoltage or surges by limiting the fault current to a load or the unit being protected.
According to the Electrical Safety Foundation International, 60 to 80 percent of surges are caused by equipment being turned on or off within a facility. These disruptive, everyday occurrences can be prevented by using an SPD with higher nominal discharge current -- 20 kA -- to avoid unplanned disruptions or stoppages resulting in unfilled orders, missed deadlines, unreliable systems and or dangerous situations.
The Littelfuse SPD2 series has a nominal discharge current of 20 kA to protect from larger routine surges. It is DIN-rail mounted and comes in a wide range of operating voltages including dc for solar applications. They are ideal for power distribution, electrical loads, industrial controls, computers and communications as well as HVAC or medical equipment. The SPD2 features include:
- Capability to clamp and withstand high-energy transients to prevent disruption, downtime, and degradation or damage to equipment
- Thermal protection to eliminate catastrophic failure
- UL and IEC compliant in a single part number for global utilization and reduced inventory needs
- An interlocking tab mechanism to withstand vibration
- An SPD type and voltage-coded plug to prevent the module from being placed in the wrong base eliminating the risk of improper protection
- A compact footprint to increase panel design flexibility
- A visual life indicator for quick determination of module replacement status
For more product information visit: www.littelfuse.com/SPD